Sunday, November 18, 2007

Baltimore Jack


Baltimore Jack, originally uploaded by myers2653.

The backpacking world is pretty small. There just are not that many of us but the world of politics is huge. Imagine my surprise when the two worlds collided this morning. I was reading at this at the Carpetbaggers Place and who should show up in an article but Baltimore Jack Tarlin.

Jack Tarlin, an independent voter, stood and told McCain that the polls show he would have the best chance of any of the Republican candidates to beat Clinton. “The news isn’t getting out right now,” he told McCain. “We don’t have a whole lot of time left till January.”

The Chicago Tribune's Jill Zuckerman thinks this might be a planted question like the one Hillary got caught with the other day. I think the Carpetbagger is pretty astute here:

Zuckman seemed skeptical, which is perfectly understandable given the circumstances. But I can’t help but wonder: maybe a lot of Republican audiences are just naturally sycophantic?


I have met Jack and he is a McCain supporter. I can tell you he is working to get McCain elected. To be clear, he is not working for McCain. He most likely wanted advise to help McCain win the primaries. I sent a link of the swampland article to him. I would like to see his reaction to this speculation.


1 comment:

Baltimore Jack said...

First off, my thanx to Chef for bringing this to my attention. I did indeed attend a McCain event two nights ago here in Hanover NH and I did indeed ask him a question during the Q&A period. However, contrary to what was printed on the Chicago Tribune's blogsite, my question was NOT planted, pre-planned, arranged, or suggested, and nobody from the McCain campaign had anything to do with it. I've made this clear in several letters to the journalist in question who first posted this nonsense, and have asked her to retract the remark and apologize for it, as it was defamatory and insulting, both to myself and to Senator McCain. Don't know what happens next.....in any case, my thanx to Chef for letting me know about this.