Sunday, December 23, 2007

Chef's Name
Chef got his trail name from a couple of guys from Minnesota. They started to call me the Iron Chef because I was always talking about things I was going to cook. Did not really know what they were talking about as there was not yet an American version. It was early in the trail (Not that far from Springer Mountain) so, I shortened the name to Chef. Of course, that is not the story I tell on the trail.

Chef says: I was just out of Francklin NC and I got to the Wine Spring campsite. Cactus Bob, asked me what was for dinner and I replied shrimp burritos. Cactus Bob said, OK Chef. Thus Chef was born. Sometimes I make shrimp burritos, on the first day out of town. Heck, you can have just about anything on the first day out of town and yes, I made those burritos. Still do.

No comments: