Thursday, December 27, 2007

I Predict Riots
Kaiser Chiefs

My first thought this morning when I saw that Bhutto had been killed was I predict riots. I do not mean to make light of the situation. An unstable nuclear armed country is a genuine threat to the US and the world. Throw in some Al Queada and you have a recipe for disaster. From Reuters:

LONDON (Reuters) - Benazir Bhutto's killing will boost perceived risk in nuclear-armed Pakistan, analysts warned on Thursday, but some said it was not in itself surprising enough to substantially change investor sentiment.

News of her assassination in a suicide gun and bomb attack outside a political rally in the garrison city of Rawalpindi sent global gold and oil prices higher, also unsettling global foreign exchange markets.

"The killing of Bhutto will likely lead to further political and social instability in Pakistan and across the subcontinent," Swiss investment bank UBS said in a research note.


No comments: