Friday, December 28, 2007

Things That Go Bump In The Night
A list of things that has woken me up while I was backpacking. I have spent at least 500 nights out in the last six years.
  1. Skunk
  2. Bear
  3. People having sex
  4. Dolphins
  5. Air conditioner units
  6. Raccoons
  7. Mice
  8. Rats
  9. Rain
  10. Thunder
  11. Coon dogs
  12. Sunrise
  13. Birds chirping
  14. Unidentified Animals
  15. Wind
I know some of these things might seem a little far fetched but I have been woken up by each of these things. Some of these things deserve a story of there own. Many are not surprising. I have learned over time to filter out certain noises while I am asleep. Your mind figures out that there are things you have to deal with or not.

One night, I was near town and hid behind a large Air Conditioning unit. The first time it started it startled me. Next time, I woke briefly. Then slept through the night. The unit must have kept going on, but my mind did not care to wake me up.

The dolphins will get a story of there own. It was on Cumberland Island. I had a great time there.

No comments: