Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Solio Review
I bought a Solio solar charger for my long distance hike last year. I hiked from Clark's Ferry Pennsylvania to Webster Cliffs in New Hampshire on the Appalachian Trail. It was a hike of about 640 miles. It was the only charger I used for the two months I was on the trail. The Solio was used to charge my ipod.

The Solio comes with multiple attachments. If you have more than one electronic device your only need the Solio to charge them. It can be used to charge you phone,mp3 player, and camera. Or whatever you carry with you.

The Solio can be plugged in. It should be plugged in to properly charge its battery, before it is used as a solar charger. I have met hikers that have not done this. They had trouble with the Solio because of not properly charging it. It comes with attachments for different countries and continents. Great for the traveler.

The battery is the best feature of the Solio. It allows you to charge your electronic device whenever you want as long as it has a charge. If it is night or has been cloudy, you can charge your device. My Solio holds about two charges for my ipod.

I made sure I left town with my ipod and Solio charged. It did not charge well on the back of my pack. The Appalachian Trail is a long green tunnel. I would find a sunny spot on my breaks. If I stopped early I would put it in the sun. I never ran out of juice. If you listen to your mp3 player all day, you might. It all depends on how much you use your toys. I believe it will work better on your pack out west.

Solio home.
Update: It weights with wall plug, attachments for ipod, and bag 9and 7/8 onces on my kitchen scale.

No comments: