Monday, February 18, 2008

Katahdin


Katahdin, Andi, Dad, Tom, originally uploaded by cheflovesbeer.

There was a time I hiked barefoot. Heck, now I do not walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night without foot wear. My feet did not hurt back then. Now, they do. Go figure. The knees still hurt.

I ran into this blog barefoot hiker's journal. It reminded me of those years.


I have run into a fair number of barefoot hikers over the years. That is how I ended up hiking barefoot. Some have stuck out more than others. In 2006, I met a hiker named Tyvek. In 2001, there were the Barefoot Sisters. Who were very memorable.

I never actually met the Barefoot sisters on the trail. I was always a day or two behind them, saw their footprints for months. I met them the day after I summited Katahdin. They were the talk of the trail in 01.

No comments: