Sunday, March 23, 2008

Daren Gets A Trail Name
Daren Wendell who is attempting to walk around the world got named by the Appalachian Trail community.

Trail Name: Everyone one who is thru-hiking (GA - Maine) is usually given a trail name. You don't get to pick your trail name for it is usually given to you when you do something stupid or telling some type of story or even from things you have done before you got on the trail. I have a friend that received his trail name "Applicator" because he was walking down the trail one day and picked up what he thought to be chap stick and threw it at is friend and his friend said.. "dude..thats a tampon" other trail names I heard are "free hugs" ..."Bag Lady" "Mary Poppins" "Walgreens" "357" (I heard it is because he carries a 357 magnum in his backpack) ..nice "Brushstrokes" "Last Minute" and "Fish" are just to name a few.

My trail name is "Vagabond" I looked up the definition and here is what I got:

  1. 1: A person without a permanent home who moves from place to place.
  2. 2: A vagrant; a tramp.
  3. 3: A wanderer; a rover.

I think I will pick number 1 and 3. I don't feel homeless but I guess if you get technical I don't own a house or rent an apartment. I am homeless!...I just happen to have a website


Vagabond should embrace number 2. Admit it your just tramping around.

No comments: