Monday, September 29, 2008

The Great Alleghany Passage
A nice article by Ken Hastings about his trip from McKeesport PA to Georgetown in Washington DC.
The Great Allegheny Passage is a network of rail trails connecting Pittsburgh, Pa., with the C&O Canal towpath in Cumberland, Md. If you like the idea of a more than 300-mile bicycle trip through history and fabulous scenery, making the entire trip to Washington, DC might just be an adventure you won’t soon forget. My trip this past summer certainly ranks near the top for me.
The adventure started off well before sunrise on a Sunday. My son, Ray, his friend, Karen, and I packed my Sequoia with camping gear, food, clothes, two bike trailers, etc. We loaded three bikes on the rack and started the five-hour trip to McKeesport, Pa.

He said he 110 pounds of gear and that sounds heavy. But in the slide show it looks like he has 110 pounds of gear. One of the bikes had a full size dish pan and a roll of paper towels. Way too much load for me.

Update. Added link to article. Whoops.

No comments: