Thursday, November 20, 2008

Skull Found!
I have never found anything very interesting in my hikes and I would like to keep it that way.
As George Garrigues hiked Tuesday through the Frazier Park hills with Poppy, his dachshund-Chihuahua mix, his dog started sniffing at something in the brush.

The 67-year-old retired journalist and professor has lived in Lake of the Woods for three months and said he likes to hike near his home on the 7000 block of Ivins Drive. He decided to take a new route this time, about a half-mile north of his home, he said.

“It looked like a rock, a stone,” Garrigues said. “I turned it over with my foot and saw it was a skull.”

It is possible that the remains belong to a lady who went missing earlier this year.

According to The Mountain Enterprise newspaper, 48-year-old Brenda Melech disappeared May 13. Forensic tests will be performed Thursday.

My condolences to her friends and family.


No comments: