Sunday, February 10, 2008

Really Long Distance Hiking
Daren Wendell Plans to walk around the world. A hike of some 18,000 miles.
Wendell begins his journey in March, hiking the 2,100-mile Appalachian Trail, then hopping the Atlantic to pick up his trek in Europe. He will traverse southern Europe and hike his way through China, making the Great Wall part of the adventure. Into Siberia, bounding over the Bering Sea, wandering through Alaska, Wendell will finish out the final 2,075 miles walking west to east, eventually landing back at the start of the Appalachian Trail in northern Georgia.

He has a web site complete with blog so you know I will read that. I wish him the best of luck.
Mix 11 languages, 18,000 miles, 7 years, 3 continents, 17 times zones, 14 countries, 36 million steps, one man, a backpack and a dream and you get The Earth Expedition. A mans dream to walk the worlds continents on nothing but two feet. Since 2006 Daren Wendell has been planning, saving, reading, researching, and training for The Earth Expedition; a dream that he have committed many years to accomplish. “I am drawn to challenge and what people say I cannot do. I’m attracted to risk; I’m attracted to the unexpected, attracted to new people, new languages, new cultures, and new places. People always ask me the question Why? I guess I should have a pretty good answer for this question considering I will be answering it for the next 8 years of my life. There are many reasons why:

1 comment:

ahadaway632 said...

Hey My friend, Thanks for posting about the Earth Expedition. If you ever need anything let me know, Daren Wendell: The Earth Expedition
"Life to the Fullest"